793 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

Sophomore Slump, but still good

Birds of a Feather - Jacqueline Winspear

I loved the first Maisie Dobbs book, and this was a nice follow up.  I felt that there was a good development in the friendship between Maisie and Billy, and I got to know each of them better as characters.  I really loved Maisie in the first book, her character, her history, and how she approached life and her work.  I didn't know what to expect from the series, but the historical/mystery is really doing it for me!  This story seemed a bit longer to get through though, and it didn't grab me like the first book.  Considering there were several murders, possibly all related (no spoilers here), I thought that it would be a real page turner.  But it just sort of meandered along.  It was interesting, and still very well written and enjoyable, but it fell short of the first book.  Will definitely read book #3 though!