796 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

Ready for book #3!

Lady Thief - A.C. Gaughen

This is book 2 of 3 in the series and it did really well for a second book. It moved the plot along, developed characters more deeply, had some fun adventurous scenes, and ended on a bit of a cliff hanger. I think series (serieses?) can be really hard to write (or write well) because each book has to serve a purpose to the story without giving too much away at once, and without leaving the reader behind. That wasn't the case with this book though, and it has kept my excitement up for the series and book three.

I was glad to see a bit of an evolution in the characters. They seem to be developing and maturing as the books progress. I was a bit annoyed at time at the MC's angst though. I wish she was more of a strong-willed, confident woman, not a stubborn girl, and i think she confuses the two. I'm hoping the MC matures in the third book as much as the other characters did.