794 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

My Favorite Books of 2013 (before its too late)

Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein Before I Go To Sleep - S.J.Watson Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro The Ocean at the End of the Lane - Neil Gaiman Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen - Mary Sharratt Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex - Nathaniel Philbrick Animal Wise: The Thoughts and Emotions of Our Fellow Creatures - Virginia Morell

Thanks to all the overtime I've put in over the xmas season at work, I get today off. The wind is howling outside (30 mph gusts) and I am snuggled in bed with my hound dog, a cup of coffee, my ipad, and a book. Wish my glasses were in striking distance, but I can make do.  :)

Wanted to recap my favorite reads of 2013 -- see books above.

Least favorite would be The Hobbit (have tried to read this 5 times and can't get past page 20, so it remains on my TBR) and The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards (a debut novel I won that had an interesting idea but poor execution).

My goal for 2014 is 50 books which apparently is 10 more than I usually read. Good thing I have today off to get a running start.

Happy 2014 to everyone!

Bonus tidbit: my husband and I have the same birthday (different years) and we are both new years babies. :)