796 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

General Update - Life, Reign, and reading

So I haven't been doing much online for the past week or two.  I work for an online company, and I'm on the internets all day long, so sometimes I just really feel like I need a break.  Plus, I work in sales, so I'm working longer and longer hours this time of year.  Means fewer and fewer hours to devote to other things, like my life.

I didn't post my Reign review, in part because of time, and in part it was just a really boring episode where not much happened.  I could have just posted something like this:

and just be done with it, but I didn't even feel compelled to do that.  Maybe this week's episode will be "better" (note the air quotes, because the series is pretty awful anyway).

Thanksgiving came and went, and then hubby had emergency surgery over the weekend.  Let me tell you, you get 0 reading done in the ER.  Fortunately he's fine and at home recovering, but I haven't had the focus to read more than a couple of pages at a time lately it seems.  I flew through half of my Mary Boleyn biography, but I seem to have skidded to a bit of a halt.

I realize that reading is such a necessary part of my day.  It's relaxing, it's educational, it's an escape.  Without doing that, I just go into zombie zone out mode in front of the TV, which I don't like nearly as much.

OK, end of general update.  Hope to get back to reading more soon!