796 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

Stalled on my readings, and other tidbits.

I've totally stalled out on my readings ever since Buddy had his surgery.  I just completely lost interest in the books I was reading (even though they were very interesting) and I can't quite hold my attention long enough to read more than a couple of pages at a time.  I hope this goes back to normal as Buddy continues to improve.

He got his staples out, and his incision healed nicely, except for one small area at the top of his chest where a couple of the staples popped out (just from pooch being a pooch).  Not a super big deal though, they cleaned it and bandaged it and I just have to watch it to make sure it continues healing.

Here he is looking too cute.  ZOMG that face.

What I have been doing instead of reading is youtubing.  Lots and lots of youtubing.  Watching youtubes I mean.  I've discovered all sorts of channels, and since each video is between 2 and 20 minutes, it's just short enough to hold my attention.

Also, I've totally neglected to mention my new year's resolutions/activities.  So I don't really do very much for myself usually, aside from buy books.  And I'm kind of in a weird phase where lots of my clothes are left over from college/grad school, and when I dress up for work I feel like I'm wearing my mom's clothes.  So I'm in a bit of a rut. I also have zero skin care routine, and I should probably start at least moisturizing (yikes), but being able to play with make up sometimes would be fun, I just don't know where to begin.  So, I got a subscription to Stitch Fix and Birch Box to get me started, and my boxes arrive this week or next, and I'm really excited.  When the whole thing with Buddy happened (which was expensive) my first thought was that I should cancel my subscriptions because I didn't want to spend money on myself.  But isn't this the way it always goes?  That I sacrifice of myself when I should be taking care of myself the most?  So I'm holding firm and getting my boxes and hopefully will get some joy from them.