793 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

I've been inducted into a secret club. (personal, not book related)

I knew this club existed, but didn't realize that so many women around me were part of it.  Like it's the elephant in the room.  It's there and everybody knows it, but nobody talks about it, or looks at it, and we all try not to think about, but it's still there.  And if we all just went up and pet the elephant, we'd find that we can look at it, and find comfort together in it.  And we don't have to be scared of the elephant, or pretend it's not there.  Because no matter how hard I want to close my eyes and look away, I know it will still be there when I look back.

I miscarried on Monday night.  I didn't tell very many people that I was expecting, so there weren't many people to tell about the loss.  I felt very alone when it happened.  Even though my husband was there, and he is very supportive, it is still a very isolating experience.  But the more people I share it with, the more I find that almost every woman has gone through it too, sometimes more than once, and I never even knew.  I wish it was something we could all be more supportive of each other with, that it wasn't such a secret.  It's not pretty, but it's a fact of life.  I'm sharing my story in the hopes that someone else can take comfort in knowing that they are not alone.