793 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone
SPOILER ALERT!

Love love loving it!

Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead

Even though I've been a bit MIA on BL, I've still managed to carve out some time to keep up on my reading.  I can't give up *everything* I enjoy in life for work!

Fortunately, the Vampire Academy series has been a fun and easy read, and something I've enjoyed a lot more than I actually thought I would.

For one, I'm really starting to like the MC Rose.  She's snarky and feisty and sarcastic, and even though she gets a bit angsty at times, overall I still really like her.  In 15 years when she's my age, she'll be the girl that I love hanging out with, when is a bit more snark and a bit less emo.  She does have some silly outbursts, but she's still a teen, and this is how we learn and grow as people, so I'm giving her a pass on these things.

The vamps are still creepy and strong and sexy in this book, so move over Twilight!  And, the action scenes and writing are head and shoulders better than Twilight.  So I'm going to stop drawing the comparisons now.

Everything was trucking along just fine, but at 91%

ZOMG Dimitri is a strigoi!!  (Those are the evil vamps, if you're not reading the series.)

(show spoiler)

I literally had to put my kindle down and just stare at the wall for a minute to let that all sink in.

Needless to say, I dove straight into the next book to find out what happens next.