794 Predators
89 Prey
liza

Books, Dogs, and Other Blogs

“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”

Drums of Autumn
Diana Gabaldon
The Counter-Revolution of 1776: Slave Resistance and the Origins of the United States of America
Gerald Horne
Clued In: How to Keep Customers Coming Back Again and Again (paperback)
Lewis Carbone

Allegiant

Allegiant  - Veronica Roth

I'll give this book a very meh 3 stars.  Without spoiling anything, there are some people who love the ending, or hate the ending.  I'm really neither here nor there about it.  It's a trilogy, and you have to wrap it up somehow.  So I'm fine with the ending.

I blew through Divergent in a day, and I think Insurgent took me two days.  Allegiant took me over a week.  I didn't feel that the plot moved in quite the same way.  There was action, adventure, some twists, but it was just sort of meh.

whatever

I also am very picky about books with alternating point of view.  I've only read a couple of books like this that I felt were well done, and that I actually liked.  This book was sort of borderline in that way for me.  I liked getting to know Four a little bit better, but I don't know that the alternating POV was the way to have to do that.  This book just felt a little disjoint from the rest of the trilogy.

This trilogy started out with a bang, and ended with a meh.